Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Creative Mother's Day Gifts

Want to Wow You Mom on Mother's Day?

Make your Mom a special gift for Mother's Day! You can create a really neat Mother's day gift with a Wood Burning Kit from Wal-Mart. Wood Burning kits are inexpensive and supply you everything you need to create a really neat gift in time for Mother's Day. Wood Burning Kits will come with a few pieces of wood plaques, stencils and the wood burning gun needed to create a one of a kind gift. If you like, you can use or create your own stencil on wood pieces that are also available in the craft section.

 I found this neat keepsake card /photo box and used a picture of my son to create a gift for my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day.


In addition to the picture that I used of my son, I found a neat stencil also in the craft section to create the boots and the stars. I copied the picture of my son and used the copy to trace the picture onto the wood box. Once I was done burning in all of the parts, I then used a light stain on the edges, the back and the inside of the box. After the stain dried, I then used a water based acrylic clear coat with a satin finish. 

This box was a lot of fun to make and my Mother-in-Law loved it. Total cost was about $28 dollars including the wood burning kit which I have been able to use for several years since to create more fun projects and special gifts!! The entire project only took a few hours, I did let the stain dry for approximately two hours and the clear coat to dry and set over night. I used a light piece of sand paper to smooth the clear coat then wiped with a damp cloth to create the finished effect.

Hope you can be inspired to create your Mom a special Mother's Day gift that she will cherish for years and years!

No comments: